Discover all the activites our mountains have to offer!
RELAX, SPEND ENERGY, DISCOVER LOCAL CULTURE... BUT ABOVE ALL: ENJOY !
In summer, Meribel offers numerous activites to suit everyone's taste; you can walk, hike, ride, climb and even fly!
There is a world-class bike park for mountain-bike riders of all level, great rivers to enjoy white-water sports, lakes to fish, great views from above for those who paraglide or want to take a scenic flight.
Feel like staying on the ground? You can golf, discover paintball, practice yoga, and many other activities...
- walking or hiking: discover Vanoise National Park and the Natural Reserve of Tueda, trails in the forests above les Allues, Altiport or Mottaret.
- running: amateurs of trail running will follow the special trail marks left by Méribel Sport Montagne of Club des Sports de Méribel.
- a mountain bike: on the amazing BikePark that has been certified by the French Cyclist Federation. Enjoy 10 enduro rides, 11 DH pists (of which a double black), as well as 1 pumptrack, 1 ludizone, and 4 CrossCountry tracks and 3 routes specially designed for electric-driven mountain bikes.
- a road bike: in addition to the timed climbs proposed by Savoie-Mont-Blanc (climbs to Altiport or Meribel-Mottaret), a new alpine pass, only accessible to motorless 2-wheeled vehicles, is now to discover: Col de la Loze. Set between Meribel and Courchevel valleys, this new alpine pass (2,304m), offers stunning views of the Alps, whatever routes your choose. You can indeed start from Brides-les-Bains, les Allues, Méribel or Courchevel. There is a nice 62km-long loop with 1,970m of latitude climb.
- a horse/poney: discover Coeur Equestre des 3 Vallées in Bois d'Arbin, à 15mn à pied du centre de Mottaret. Lessons, poney or horse rides, jumping etc. Meribel horse-riding centre proposes many options to best discover our mountains with a horse.
- a quadbike: rides from les Allues for one hour, to Col de la Lune (half-day) or around the valley (full day or even 2 days).
IN THE AIR:
- paragliding: discover the valley from a new point flying over the mythic summits, the mountain pastures or the windingstreams and rivers.
- booking a scenic flight: Meribel is one of the first resorts to have been equipped with an altiport, at the beginning of the 1960's. The eponymous area has developped around it and remains popular to the pilots of around the world. A flight around the Alps is a memory that will remain forever, whether you flight above white glaciers or green pastures. Meribel's aeroclub proposes flights around the valley, 3 Valleys or other surrounding destinations.
- white-water sports: rafting, canyoning, hydrospeed... just dive in! At only 20mn from Meribel, you will safely discover the tumultuous river Doron (from Brides-les-Bains) or Isere (from Bourg-Saint-Maurice or Aie. dans les eaux tumultueuses du Doron des Allues depuis Brides-les-Bains, ou sur l'Isère depuis Bourg-Saint-Maurice ou Aime. From 8 years old, discover these refreshing activities!
- swimming-pool: at the heart of Meribel's Olympic Park, the olympic swimming-pool is a fun venue for everyone offer to refresh during hot days. Aquagym and aquabike lessons available.
- fishing: for amateurs of fly fish (no kill) or classic fishing, Lake Tueda is a perfect spot. And no need to have a permit: the fishing cards can be bought directly from the restaurant.
- Climbing: located in the Olympic Park, the climbing wall is ideal for training or starting the activity. And if you prefer outdoor settings, the climbing wall of la Truite slope between Meribel and Mottaret, is a good alternative.
- Via ferrata: for those who are not faint-hearted and who have no fear of heights, the via-ferrata of Dent de Burgin is mythic and offers brreath-taking views on both Courchevel and Meribel valleys.
- Mountaineering: to discover the glacier sceneries our valley has to offer, take a guided tour in high mountain. Only a guide can make you discover this particular environment. The best ones can also add to their hit list mythic Vanoise runs, such as Grand Bec (3.398m), Mont-Pourri (3.778m) or Grande Casse (3.850m).
- Forest adventure park: stop play Tetris and play fir trees! From the green to the black itinerary, go through the 80 workshops while being meters from the ground! Avaiable from 6 years old and 1,1m high, in Bois d'Arbin, between Meribel and Mottaret.
- golf: simply one of the most beautiful of the Alpsl Located in Altiport, the 18-hole golf course offers a stunning setting with a great variety of shots.
- Industrial heritage: the history of Savoy valleys is intimately linked to the action of water. In Le Raffort village, discover the mill and sawmill and how the strenght of water has helped them in their work. The renovated building proposes interpretation elements to better understand how the site worked. More information here.
- Religious heritage: in addition to the numerous chapels that dot the villages, Meribel Valley has two remarkable religious sites: Protestant Chapelle Notre-Dame-des-Neiges in Mussillon and Catholic Baroque Eglise Saint-Martin des Allues.
- Les Allues museum: at the heart of the village Les Allues, this museum retraces the history of the valley and its inhabitants.
- Library: set in maison des generations, in les Allues, the library offers more than 15.000 publications for all taste. Novels, comics, magazines, in French and English.
- Cinema: Meribel Valley hosts 2 cinema theatres. One in Meribel's tourist office, at the auditorium, one in Meribel-Mottaret's tourist office.
- Spa: relaxation must also be a key word for your holidays! So why not take the occasion of a visit to Meribel to try the Olympic Park spa that features saunas, steam-rooms and jacuzzi?
- Yoga classes, shia-tsu sessions, massages, foot reflexology etc: recharge your batteries, recover your health, relax and become aware of your body strenghts, many activities and practices are available in Meribel. Check them out!
- Bowling, paintball, inflatable games, ice rink, skatepark etc.
MERIPASS: SPEND ENERGY, NOT MONEY!
Willing to enjoy the services offered by the lifts and olympic park during your stay in Meribel valley? Then do not forget to ask you Meripass to your accommodation provider!
Meripass is an activity card that grants you access to the swiming-pool, the ice rink and the lifts, whether you are by foot or riding a mountain bke.
To get it, just ask your accommodation dealer a Meripass voucher, fill it in and hand it to the lift company and they will provide the card.
Different formulas are on offer:
- Meripass Decouverte (€18): available for a day, you will be able to use the lifts throughout the whole 3 Valleys, as well as enter the swimming-pool and the ice rink.
- Meripass Passion Pieton (€32), for pedestrians: a 7-day pass to take the lifts in the 3 Valleys as pedestrian, and enjoy unlimited access to both swimming-pool and ice rink.
- Meripass Unlimited (€64): a 7-day pass to take the lift with your mountain bike, enjoy unlimited access to the swimming-pool and ice rink AND one entrance to MySpa, the spa of the Olympic Center!
Meribel is the only resort of the 3 Valleys in which you can take the lifts every day:
- Tougnete 1 and Tougnete 2, every day, from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
- Pas du Lac, every day but Saturday, from 9.30am to 4.45pm.
The pass will allow you to discover the pedestrian trails, whose map is available here, and here for the Bike Park.
You do not know the Olympic Park? In this building, built for the 1992's Olympics, located in la Chaudanne, you will find a large number of activites and services like a gym, the climibing wall, the bowling, the swimming-pool and the ice rink. The access of 2 latter are included in your Meripass.
Discover the Olympic Park here.
To book your Meripass, just add it into our client's area (we only propose the 7-day passes online) or contact us by phone or email.