Need a lift this summer? Get a pass!
Up there, THERE ARE SO MANY THINGS TO DO...
If picking a mountain destination is not necessarily the first thing that comes to mind when looking for a summer destination, no one ever regrets to have headed to the Alps rather than the beaches of the Mediterranean or of the Atlantic!
To recharge your batteries, it is great to look at the clear blue waters of the Savoie lakes, the beauty of the deep green pastures, enjoy the charm of the villages of the Tarentaise Valley or the countryside feeling given by the cows grazing in the meadows. But we also crave to get moving in such a beautiful setting!
To widden the possibilities already offered in our mountains in terms of MTB or hiking trails, the lifts allow you to quickly reach the summits! In Meribel valley, there is a lift open everyday!
THE LIFTS OPEN IN SUMMER
In Meribel Valley, 2 lifts are going to be open this summer, from July 4th to August 28th:
- Tougnete 1 gondola and Tougnete 2 chairlift which allow you to get up to Tougnete, on the west side of the valley, notably the Vallee des Belleville. The departure station of Tougnete 1 is located at la Chaudanne, in Meribel centre, accessible from Meribel-Mottaret through la Truite slope, a ski slope that, in summer, turns into a nice path between Meribel and Mottaret.
La Truite features a MTB track to reach Meribel centre in 10mn as well as pedestrian trails, notably the "fil de l'eau" walk along river Doron des Allues.
- Pas du Lac gondola lift, which get you to reach the summit of Saulire, on the east side of the valley, which gives access to Courchevel valley. The departure station of Pas du Lac is located in Meribel-Mottaret, opposite the tourist office.
Here are the activites you can practice from the summits of the valley:
- hiking or trail running: simple walk with a view on Mont Blanc, hours-long hiking (with or without night in a refuge), Meribel is a real hiking destination. Part of Vanoise National Park, it offers a wide variety of options for walkers and runners, without getting lost thanks to the signposted itineraries and free maps available. From Meribel, you can walk to the villages and resorts of Belleville and Courchevel valleys, or even go to Champagny, one of France's top mountaineering village! Check out the map of the trails.
- Mountain-biking: Meribel hosts one of the greatest bikepark of the Alps! Equipped to carry your mountain bikes, the lifts gets you to the start of DH and enduro trails. Map of the bike tracks.
- Paragliding: your instructor will surely ask you to meet in Meribel or Mottaret centres, but he can also ask you to get directly up the taking-off location using the lifts. To fly over Dent de Burgin, the green pastures and the blond-wood chalets of the valley, paragliding is ideal! More information here.
THE SKIPASSES (VALID IN THE 3 VALLeYs)
FOR THE PEDESTRIANS:
- the "section" passes (fofait "troncon"). A section allows you to get from a station to another, for example from the departure station of Pas du Lac to the middle station. To reach the top station, you thus need to take 2 sections. The section passes can be bought at the lift selling point where the station is, I.e Meribel for Tougnete and Mottaret for Pas du Lac.
- the day pass, which lets you use the lifts of the 3 Valleys for a full day without having to count the sections
- the week pass, is similar but over 7 days. It costs €54 for adults and €32.5 for children from 5 to 12. GOOD DEAL: family of at least 4 members pay the child price see condition at the desk)
- the summer pass: if you consider spending more than 3 weeks in the valley, the season pedestrian pass is for you!
For the MTBikers:
- the "initiation" pass: you wish to discover the domain in our beautiful bikepark? The initiation pass is the right pick! Valid for 3 hours, it allows you to go down a few tracks and start exploring the valley without committing for a full week. €15 for an adult.
- the day pass costs €23. One full day on the tracks, from the opening at 9:30am to the closing at 4:30m (times may vary).
- the Liberty pass: whether you are coming for an extended week-end or a few week during which you are looking to switch between several activities, the Liberty pass will fit for you. It indeed gives you full access to the lifts of the 3 Valleys for 3 daysover a maximum period of 7 days.
- the weekly pass: 7 consecutive day with full access of the 3 Valleys.
- the season pass: if you are staying more than 3 weeks, choose the season pass!
Meripass gives you access to the lifts, swimming-pool and ice rink. 3 formulas are proposed:
- Meripass Decouverte: for €22, you get a day of lift access (pedestrian or MTB), an entry to the swimming-pool and one to the ice rink.
- Meripass Passion Pieton (pedestrian): for sale at €35, you get a 7-day pedestrian pass and ulimited entry to both the swimming-pool and ice rink over a period of 7 days.
- Meripass unlimited: for €80, this pass offers a full-access to the lifts for either pedestrians or MTB-riders, for 7 days, as well as unlimited access to both the swimming-pool and ice rink. nd you also get one entry ticket to the spa of the Olympic Park.
Attention, Meripass can only be obtained upon presentation of a voucher provided by an accommodation dealer or socio-professional of Meribel Valley and partner of Meribel Tourism.